An Exciting Adventure for your Students
And a Comprehensive Teaching Package for you
The Book about Asia that will have your students enthralled, fascinated, at the edge of their seats, and rollicking with laughter
Number of pages
222mm x 222mm x 9mm
Case bound, Matt laminate
JUV001000 JUVENILE FICTION / Action & Adventure / General
JUV012060 JUVENILE FICTION /Legends, Myths, Fables / Asian
FREE DELIVERY ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA
Teaching and Learning support from experts
A fully comprehensive learning companion developed by the authors of Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace and educational expert Dr Kevin Price is available to help with your classroom experience and can be dowloaded FREE.
Or you can purchase a print copy for $30 and it will be mailed to you FREE.
56 Pages of educational gold plus a stunning map of the setting
The booklet explores Visual Literacy, Engaging with Asia and includes an Integrated Program for all Primary classroom years, with lesson concepts, planning choices and links right across the Australian curriculum.
Detailed explanation of
- the origins of the book
- the setting and the importance of Sabah as a cultural, biodiverse and geographic location
- how the book was created and how the illustrating authors created the work
- cultural, historic and linguistic connections
Pedagogical explorations of
- reading the picturebook
- understanding the components of a book
Elements of Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace
- the story
- the illustrations
- the narrative conventions
- ways of reading
Teaching suggestions included in the teaching guide
Exploring Visual Literacy
- Defining Visual Literacy
- Using student drawings as ways of responding
- Lessons based on Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace Years 1-10
Cross-curricular priorities: Engaging with Asia across all learning years
- Addressing connections between Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace and Asian cultures, societies and traditions
- How Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace illustrates Sabah’s contribution to world history, aesthetics and culture
- Knowledge, understanding and skills for engaging effectively with Asia displayed in Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace.
Matching the Curriculum across all primary years
- Lesson concepts and learning outcomes from years 1-6
- Matches teaching and learning with curriculum descriptors across subject areas
Dynamic colourful map available for immediate download in A3, or buy a large A2 print copy
This colourful map of Sabah, Malaysia, in the north of Borneo shows many features of this rich, diverse land. The map includes many of the animals and plants featured in Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace, and much more as well.
Your students will have hours of engaged fun poring over the details and learning about the many features of Sabah and its rich, diverse landscape.
You can download an A3 version of the map for printing yourself, COMPLETELY FREE.
Or you can purchase a high quality printed A2 sized one for your classroom wall for just $15.00 including postage.
The following locations are where you can source your copies of Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace.
All educational support materials are available only from Crotchet Quaver noteworthy publications